By: Powers Generator Service, An Authorized KOHLER Generators Dealer, New Hampshire
If you live in a region that’s prone to bad weather and power outages like New England, you understand the importance of protecting your home or small business with backup power. After Superstorm Sandy and Snowstorm Nemo, having a backup power system is virtually a must.
However, purchasing a permanent standby generator can be intimidating. Thankfully, Kohler Generator dealers are both knowledgeable and very easy to work with.
At Powers Generator Services, we’ll walk you through every step of the way and outlined the typical process of buying a generator below, so you’ll know what to expect when you work with us.
The easiest way to find a dealer near you is to enter your zip code here: http://khlr.co/cfux. With this link, you’ll find their contact information and a map that shows you where they’re located.
Powers Generators services all of New England. Here’s a link to our website if you’d like to learn more about us: http://www.powersgenerator.com.
2. Determine if a KOHLER standby generator will fit on your property. Next, you’ll need to determine whether or not your home or small business can accommodate a generator, so you’ll want to make sure that your property has enough space to install a generator.
There are also some rules and safety regulations regarding where your generator can be installed. Don’t worry, we’ll come over and take a look at your property and make recommendations as to where your generator can safely be installed.
3. Work together to find the generator that fits your needs. After ensuring that your property will accommodate a generator, we’ll discuss what you want the generator to support. You’ll need to prioritize what will need to be powered during an outage.
Some homeowners want to have the generator support their entire home and others are only concerned about more critical items, such as the sump pump, air conditioning and refrigeration, in which case a smaller size generator would suffice.
Once we understand your priorities and your budget, we can help you choose the right generator for you.
4. Select your generator’s fuel type. KOHLER residential generators can be powered by either liquid propane gas (LPG) or natural gas (NG), so you’ll need to make sure you have adequate fuel to support your generator.
For LPG, we’ll provide a recommendation of how many gallons you’ll need to have on your property to support your generator.
For NG, we’ll provide you with information that you’ll need to give to your gas company so they can determine if your gas meter can support your generator. If not, they might have to upgrade your gas meter.
5. Let the installation begin. Once you choose a generator and determine its fuel type, the next step is to begin the installation process.
If your dealer is a full service generator company like us, then they’ll provide all the equipment and perform a turn-key electrical installation for you. We’ll even take care of the local electrical permits and partner with a gas fitter for the gas connection.
A typical installation takes about 1-3 full days depending on the complications and the demand for generators, so it’s very important to plan ahead of time.
6. Maintain your new generator. After your installation is complete, it’s really important that you follow the maintenance schedule that’s outlined in your owner’s manual and register your generator for its limited warranty here: http://khlr.co/g1Tw.
At Powers Generator Service, we’ll take care of the registration and initial start-up for you. And with a good Kohler Generator dealer like us, we’ll stand behind you with preventative maintenance, repairs, and emergency service 24/7, 365 days a year.
This will give you peace of mind that when your generator needs to perform, it will, and if you ever experience any issues, a qualified service technician will respond promptly to get your generator up and running.
Powers Generator Service is a full service generator company that has been providing New England homeowners, businesses and contractors with complete turn-key standby generator solutions for over 18 years. They are focused on being experts in the generator industry, doing business with integrity and providing quality service – a commitment that is backed by an A+ standing with the Better Business Bureau.