In the avalanche of no-cook, emergency-pantry recipes submitted last fall for Kohler Generators “Dine in the Dark” sweepstakes, one favorite kept coming up again and again: peanut butter!
Or should we say peanut butter &? Here’s a list of some of the inventive “recipes” for peanut butter fun:
- Peanut butter on crackers
- Peanut butter s’mores
- Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
- Peanut butter and bananas drizzled with honey on flour tortillas
- Peanut butter and jelly or jam (PB&J) on bread (white, wheat, rye, crackers)
- Peanut butter and coconut on crackers
- Peanut butter and honey, with special “assembly instructions”:
- Add honey to one piece of bread.
- Peanut butter to the other.
- Squish the two together and enjoy!
- Peanut butter and butter sandwiches
- Peanut butter and sunflower seed sandwiches
- Peanut butter by the spoonful
- Peanut butter spiced with red pepper and garlic
- Peanut butter spread on pieces of dark chocolate
- Peanut butter and apple slices and dark chocolate sandwiches
- Peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Peanut butter on apples with cinnamon
- Peanut butter and cinnamon, with a sprinkle of sugar sandwiches
- Peanut butter and allspice
- Peanut butter, cashews and cereal “energy balls”
If you’re just not into peanut butter, you might want to try an alternative:
- Nutella and banana sandwiches
- Almond butter and jam sandwiches
And let’s finish off the list with a recipe! April G. and Jessica D. submitted virtually identical recipes.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies
Preparation time: about 10 minutes.
- 8 graham cracker squares, finely ground (use a plastic bag and a rolling pin)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoon honey, plus 2 teaspoons
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened coconut
Combine ground graham crackers, raisins, peanut butter and honey in a small bowl. Pat into 16 cookies and press lightly in coconut.